Non Uniform Day and End of Term Arrangements

Dear Parents and Carers,

I am writing to inform you of our arrangements for the end of our Christmas term.

School will finish for Christmas on Friday 20th December and students will be dismissed from 12.30pm at two minute intervals by year group, to allow for a smooth departure. School re-opens for all students on Monday 6th January 2020 at the normal school time.

I know we have already had 2 non-uniform days this term (both for very worthy causes: one for our Well Being Centre and the other for Manchester Childrens’ Hospital), however I would also like to invite students to take part in National Christmas Jumper Day which we will be celebrating on the last day of term (Friday 20th December). Christmas Jumper Day is a fantastic opportunity for us to have some end-of-term festive fun while raising money to help a very worthy cause, Save the Children charity. In taking part in this non-uniform day, students will be allowed to wear their own clothes – including Christmas themed items – for a voluntary contribution of up to £1.00.

Even though it is a non-uniform day, I would be grateful if you could ensure your child comes to school appropriately dressed for the school day and that the usual school rules about piercings, jewellery, make-up and hair colouring are adhered to. The usual banned items are also not permitted.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for all of your support and to wish you and your families a peaceful, healthy and happy Christmas and New Year.

With my very best wishes,

Yours faithfully,

Mr C Burns
Headteacher

Scroll to top