Priestnall School defines bullying as:
‘The wilful, conscious desire to threaten, intimidate or hurt someone, which may be repeated overtime, which involves a real or perceived power imbalance.’
We believe that:·
- All bullying is unacceptable irrespective of how it happens and/or what excuses are given in an attempt to justify it.
- We must investigate all incidents of bullying and take action where necessary, supporting both the bully and the victim at all times.
- Children who bully must be held to account for their wrongdoing, but may need support to change their attitudes and behaviour.
- All inappropriate language that perpetuates attitudes underpinning bullying behaviour must be challenged at all times.
- Everyone in our school has a responsibility to respond promptly and effectively to all instances of bullying.
- We must communicate with parents/carers regarding any concerns about bullying and deal promptly with complaints.
- All our children must feel safe and be confident that any reported incidents will be dealt with effectively by all responsible adults.
- It is important to focus upon preventing bullying behaviours in school.