The Healthy School message is reinforced in many different ways, from sourcing healthier products, using healthier cooking methods, and providing nutritional information to highlighting the healthier dishes on the menu and promoting the benefits of living a healthier lifestyle.
- Baking dishes, rather than frying
- Batch cooking so that the maximum nutritional value is retained
- Grilling food on racks
- Adding extra vegetables to dishes eg Lasagne
- Adding pulses to some vegetarian dishes to improve the protein content
- Encouraging the use of herbs and natural flavourings in place of salt.
Feedback is gathered during the term from the students via the school council and this is used to develop the menus and services over the course of the year.
Our Catering Development Manager, Sue Horan, is more than happy to discuss any questions or concerns that you may have and can be contacted via the main school number.