At Priestnall, we have adopted the KS3 NCCE Scheme of learning, therefore our curriculum has been designed to allow students to develop in five main areas:
- Know information as a Computer Scientist – knowledge of Computing systems, a range of software packages, how to stay safe in a digital world
- Think as a Computer Scientist – understanding that Computers follow instructions written by humans
- Study as a Computer Scientist – competence in a range of skills including programming, software skills and logical reasoning
- Apply ideas as a Computer Scientist – apply Computing knowledge, understanding and skills to real world contexts
- Communicate as a Computer Scientist – develop well-planned solutions drawing on their Computing knowledge and understanding
These areas align with the KS3 Computing National Curriculum as well as the Edexcel Computer Science specification that is followed in KS4. All of our curriculum is completed online using Microsoft teams, to allow the curriculum to be taught within in a classroom or remotely, if needed. The pupils complete their work using Teams Assignments and Class Notebooks.
The KS3 curriculum is mapped out in two sets of documents, the first our progression framework documents and scheme of learning for each year and the second set of documents include lesson plans and resources for all of the lessons.