Learning Support Assistant, Temporary Maternity Contract
Start Date: ASAP
- Learning Support Assistant, Temporary Maternity Contract (30 hours per week, Term Time only)
- Hours of work: 08:30 to 15:15, Monday to Friday
- Scale 3 £19,650 – £20,043 (£13,566 – £13,837 actual salary)
Priestnall School is a popular, over-subscribed 11-16 school situated in the pleasant residential area of Heaton Mersey, Stockport. Our community benefits from wonderful students and a hardworking and committed staff.
We are currently seeking to appoint a Learning Support Assistant (Temporary Maternity Contract) to join our successful school. The position offers a unique opportunity to join a highly successful and inclusive school as part of a well-regarded team of staff supporting and including students with complex and varied needs in all aspects of school life. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to make a major contribution towards our continued high achievement.
We are seeking well-qualified colleagues who have:
- a dynamic and flexible approach with excellent interpersonal skills;
- the learner at the centre of their vision;
- the ability to communicate effectively with all our stakeholders;
- the ability to inspire, challenge, motivate and empower young people to achieve excellence;
- an absolute commitment to achieving the very highest of standards.
The application form and supporting documentation, including a letter from the Headteacher, are available in the ‘Vacancies’ section of the school website as well as other recruitment platforms. Completed application forms should be emailed to email@example.com marked for the attention of Mr Craig Burns, Headteacher. Please note we do not accept CV’s.
Closing date: 9am on Monday 25th April 2022
Interview date: Date to be confirmed
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and candidates will be expected to adhere to these expectations. Please see our safeguarding statement and Safeguarding Policy included with the application pack for further information on the safeguarding checks carried out.
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and therefore you are required to declare:
- All unspent convictions and conditional cautions
- All spent convictions and adult cautions that are not protected (ie that are not filtered out) as defined by the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) order 1975 (as amended in 2013 and 2020)
It is a criminal offence for an individual who is barred from working with children to apply for a role which is classed as regulated activity.