To be a world-class school which educates for life.
All stakeholders will realise their potential and have the opportunity to challenge educational frontiers; achieving success and self-fulfilment within a global arena and knowledge based society.
We promote fundamental British Values and define British Values to be: Democracy, The rule of Law, mutual Respect, Individual Liberty, Tolerance of those with different faiths, cultures and beliefs
That all members of Priestnall’s community, regardless of age, sex, race, religion, physical or academic ability:
- Are of equal value as human beings and are unique individuals
- Are responsible for the consequences of their own actions
- Have a valuable contribution to make to the life of the school community
- To instil a passion for lifelong learning.
- To provide opportunities so that all individuals are motivated to fulfil their potential.
- To encourage individuals to be responsible for themselves, their own learning and their environment.
- To encourage an independent, flexible approach towards learning.
- To equip students with transferable skills which will enable them to become independent learners in a global society.
- To encourage an ethos of school community rather than one of compliance.
- To encourage individuals to be tolerant and respectful of others and their views regardless of their age, gender, race, religion, physical or academic ability
- To educate the whole person with due regard to their physical, mental and spiritual needs.
- To realise and understand the similarities and differences of other cultures.
- To realise that individuals learn through different styles of teaching and this is acceptable.