We believe that students deserve a broad and ambitious music curriculum, rich in skills and knowledge, which ignites curiosity and prepares them well for future learning or employment. Our music curriculum will give students the opportunity to:
- Develop a thorough understanding of music, through performing, composing listening and analysing.
- Develop self-confidence through performance, both through lessons and extra-curricular participation
- Encourage creativity through composition skills
- Understand the complexities of music through analysis of a wide range of genres from different musical and cultural perspectives
- Encourage personal development through ensemble performances and group compositions
- Understand how music can support the development of life skills, such as confidence, self-awareness, perseverance and discipline and provide a holistic experience that they can take beyond their musical studies
- Develop their cross-curricular skills of problem solving, perseverance, diligence, team work, time management, organisation, responsibility and cultural history
- Gain a sense of achievement through performance.