At Priestnall School, we believe in supporting you to stay safe in school and outside of school.
- We can support you with problems to do with:
- School work including homework
- Social networking
- Sexting and porn revenge
- Bullying and cyber bullying
- Drugs and alcohol
- Sexual health
- Concerns about a friend
If you have any concerns about the above things or anything else, you can talk to:
- Your Learning Co-ordinator
- Your College Manager or DOS
- Any teacher
- Mr Jones, the school’s Designated Safeguard Lead
If you don’t feel able to talk to someone in person, you can write your concern on the VLE using the Report an Issue button, also known as the ‘whisper app’. Someone will then contact you to help you resolve the problem.
Alternatively you could ask your parent or carer to contact school on 0161 432 7727. The main office will direct the call to the most appropriate person.
The school nurse runs is available for you to speak to at certain times during the week. Look out for the posters around school or ask your LC when the nurse is in.
Students can also receive support from the following outside agencies who are able to meet with students at school during the school day:
- Stressbusters CBT on-line counselling
- MOSAIC Drug and Alcohol service
- Young Carers
- Beacon Counselling service
- Secondary JIGSAW counselling service
- Behaviour Support Services
- Services for Young People – careers advice
- Pendlebury Outreach Emotional Health worker
- The school nursing service
If you would like to access any of the above services or you would like to find out more, please see your College Manager, DOS, Mr Jones or Mrs Windsor, the school’s Designated Safeguarding Leads.
If you have suicidal thoughts you should see your College Manager or DOS immediately. From there you will be referred to Clare Langton who is our Suicide First Aider. Clare is ASIST trained which means she is trained to help you create a plan to keep you safe.
And of course we have our Wellbeing Room. As well as being a safe space for some pupils, they have collated lots of resources on the wellbeing room frog site and regularly sing post support on their social media channels. https://www.instagram.com/priestnall_wellbeing, https://twitter.com/roomwellbeing
If you would like further support or guidance from an outside agency, you can access support using the links below: