Teacher of Science
Priestnall School is a popular, over-subscribed 11-16 school situated in the pleasant residential area of Heaton Mersey, Stockport. Our community benefits from wonderful students and a hardworking and committed staff team.
We are currently seeking to appoint a Teacher of Science to join our successful school. Science is a thriving department at Priestnall. The appointed candidate will be joining a friendly, effective team who consistently ensure students achieve excellent grades at GCSE.
Our detailed Schemes of Learning are designed to engage students’ interests at every level by providing relevant and inspiring academic content and practical opportunities to undertake scientific enquiry and learn about the scientific process. Our experienced and dedicated technicians ensure that equipment is available and ready for all lessons.
At KS4 we offer both GCSE Combined Science and the extremely popular GCSE Separate Sciences of Biology, Chemistry and Physics. The appointed candidate would be expected to teach KS3 Science and we would endeavour to ensure where possible they teach their specialism at GCSE. Candidates from all specialisms are welcome to apply.
We are seeking a well-qualified colleague who has:
- a dynamic, innovative and creative approach with excellent interpersonal skills;
- the learner at the centre of their vision;
- excellent classroom practice;
- the ability to inspire, challenge, motivate and empower young people to achieve excellence;
- an absolute commitment to achieving the very highest of standards.
To apply, please complete the application form and refer to the supporting information containing job description and person specification.
CV’s will not be accepted. For any queries regarding the role, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and candidates will be expected to adhere to these expectations. Please see our safeguarding statement and Safeguarding Policy included with the application pack for further information on the safeguarding checks carried out.
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and therefore you are required to declare:
• All unspent convictions and conditional cautions
• All spent convictions and adult cautions that are not protected (ie that are not filtered out) as defined by the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) order 1975 (as amended in 2013 and 2020)
It is a criminal offence for an individual who is barred from working with children to apply for a role which is classed as regulated activity